PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What the heck and me feeling sorry for myself

I've noticed something very disturbing lately. I guess it started about a year or so ago but lately it's gotten ridiculous.
My hair is falling out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I always lost some here and there and I know that's normal but this is different.It's on my clothes,in the car,on the pillow,and when I wash it I can literally pick it up off the shower floor.
I color my hair and haven't had a good cut in quite some time but would that cause it? I've heard the older you get the more you lose but at this rate I'll be bald by the time I'm 45.I also blow dry and occasionally use a straightener so that's not good either.
I'm thinking some sort of vitamin deficiency maybe? Stress? I just don't know but it's really starting to bother me alot.I have to pull it back when I cook or otherwise well...you can imagine.
I need to look into the possible causes some more I guess.I hope I find a solution cause I've never looked good in hats.

And in other compelling news around here my 2 year old now refuses to eat anything other than p,b,and j sandwiches.He calls them "butter toasts" and wants them for breakfast lunch and dinner.He's always eaten well and they're not too bad for him so I guesss it's ok.He went through a similar phase before but it was mac n cheese.

The kids 1st day of school went off well.They all seemed to have a good 1st day and it felt good to be in some sort of routine again.I took pics of course (I'll post them later on) I tried to take one of my oldest son walking to the bus but he got highly irritated and gave me the look of death when I held up the camera in front of all the kids on the high school bus.Geesh you'd think he'd be used to it by now.
I can't explain what it felt like to see my 1st born baby drive off as a"freshman". I knew I would be sad (I always am at the big milestones) but I wasn't prepared for how I've felt since yesterday. I remember his 1st day of preschool,elementary,then the big move to junior high now this.Wow.College and marriage are just around the corner.
I want his high school years to be memorable and I have so many hopes and dreams for him as he steps into this new chapter of his life.I hope he knows how much I love him and how proud I am that he's overcome some very difficult times that he's had.
Gosh wasn't he just the 2 year old under my feet now he towers over me.



2 comments:

Judy said...

Amy, thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. I laughed when I read about your 2 year old eating nothing but PB&J's. My little 4 year old grandson Jackson is the same way! No matter what everyone else is having, it's gotta be a PB&J. He used to call it "toast" but now it's "butter"! Hasn't killed him yet....he gets on kicks like that, used to eat only green beans, he's a picky eater but healthy as a horse!

Hugs!
Judy

lynn said...

I think a lot of kids go through stages where they all they want to eat is one thing. Heck, I'm like that sometimes eating the same thing for lunch everyday. Gosh, a high schooler. It sure does go by fast doesn't it? I can't believe I have an 8th grader.