PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Monday, August 18, 2008

My puffy eyed and sniffly weekend

Well this past weekend was hectic.My oldest daughter went on a weekend trip with a friend for the first time ever so I was worried senseless all weekend.We did a garage sale on Saturday then spent the rest of the day going through a bazillion dirty and dusty boxes from storage.I think I sneezed the whole way home.
I felt kind of yucky on Sunday.I'm not sure why other than maybe this cold/allergy thing I've had going on for weeks now.I just felt tired.
I sat down in the evening and found one of my all time fave movies on.Yep,you guessed it."The Notebook"!!!






I know it's insanely sappy but I adore it and I'm not ashamed.
I read the book years ago(b4 the movie came out) and fell in love with the story then and there.Oh to really find that one true love that would endure anything,even death.Does that exist?It does make you believe.Of course I cried my eyes out so today(between the allergies and my bawling)they're even puffier than normal.
This is one of the poems from the movie.Noah(older)reads it to Ally towards the end it just gets me every time.

~Nothing is ever really lost, or can be lost,
No birth, identity, form--no object of the world.
Nor life, nor force, nor any visible thing;
Appearance must not foil, nor shifted sphere confuse thy brain.
Ample are time and space--ample the fields of Nature.
The body, sluggish, aged, cold--the embers left from earlier fires,
The light in the eye grown dim, shall duly flame again;
The sun now low in the west rises for mornings and for noons continual;
To frozen clods ever the spring's invisible law returns,
With grass and flowers and summer fruits and corn. ~

~Walt Whitman



I started reading this today.

It's supposed to be the sequel to Noah and Ally's story so I'm looking forward to it.It centers around their son and his family.
My hubby actually bought me the book a few years ago and I'm just now getting around to reading it.Yea,that shows you how often I get to read.
I know it will take me forever to get through it on my limited reading time but I'm off and running with 5 pages read today!


.

No comments: