PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Monday, August 11, 2008

Dinner last night


Well here is the new recipe for Salisbury steak I tried last night. I usually use a different recipe but I lost it (and was feeling lazy)so I kinda went out on a limb and made it up as I went along.
It turned out really well!! Yes,I was surprised! We've been eating so much Mexican and Italian lately that this was a nice change.
You know it's funny but growing up my mom and g-ma rarely used recipes. I remember them just flying around the kitchen adding this and that and NEVER hardly measuring anything.It always tasted good tho.

2 lbs ground beef
1/2 C bread crumbs
1 egg
1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
1 smallish onion (sliced)
1 tsp minced garlic
olive oil
parsley
salt and pepper
cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil (use a large skillet)for a few min till tender.
add all ingredients together (except flour)and form into patties. Coat both sides in flour then add to pan. Cook till done all the way thru.
Add the following then simmer for about 20 minutes.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 C milk
1 tbsp ketchup
1tsp mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
serve over mased potatoes or egg noodles.
I also made a SUPER easy cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream for desert! Now I very rarely make sweet stuff so the kids thought it surely must be a holiday or something.
I found the recipe in this book that I got from the library.It's a real hoot for all the southern (and us wanna-be southern gals!)
http://www.amazon.com/Puttin-Grits-Guide-Southern-Entertaining/dp/0525948686
It sounded too simple to not try.
1 stick butter(melted)
1 Cup flour
3/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup milk
1 can pie filling
mix 1st 4 ingredients together then pour into a 9x13 pan.Top with pie filling and cook till golden brown around edges



I've been looking for a work at home (online) job for a long time now and I think I might have found a couple possibilities.My biggest challenge is finding the quiet time and place that I would need to even make it work.
I'm hoping when the kids start school I can try it.
I've also been working on some weekly menus and collecting some coupons from various sites.I feel like some days the house is out of control (including me) so I'm really trying to get my organization in check and I'm making (hopefully positive) changes in our lives.
I guess I have a lot on my mind right now and I want to blog about it when I get my thoughts together.It's been another busy as a bee day around here so that may take awhile.


2 comments:

lynn said...

I'm not much of a cook but that cherry cobbler looks easy enough. And good too!
You've got me curious now about the work at home thing. I'd love to find something I could do from home. I only work a few hours a week but retail and dealing with the public is really getting to me!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Amy, Thank you for coming by and leaving me a comment...Please come back anytime!! I am going to add you to my blog list...I want to come back when I have more time...your blog looks wonderful! Oh, I have been making that cobbler for years...it is the southern cobbler....I have that book, It is a hoot!!! Blessings to you, Nancy at southern lady