PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Monday, August 25, 2008

School days

I've been running like a chicken with it's head cut off for days now trying to get 5 kids ready to go back to school and I think we're almost set to go!
Supplies,shoes,bags,haircuts,lunches packed,and a mound of paperwork and we're off tomorrow morning.
My oldest son will be a freshman in high school and that just blows my mind.I have my youngest daughter starting kindergarten as well so this is a big year.(how did I get old enough to have a kid in high school!!??)
So,anyway I'm feeling very "fall-ish" today so I wanted to look at some gorgeous fall colors in one of my very fave places,Tenn.
I found these on www.webshots.com and not sure who the album belongs to but you can link to it if you need to.
They got some incredible shots!


Smoky Mtn National Park 2006 and 2007

I even have my Pumkin Spice candle going today!(a very neat $$ store find)


I'm making one of the kids favorite meals tonight Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole with mashed potatoes. They're not big on casseroles but they like that for some reason.I usually make whatever they want the night before back to school.I also wanted to make some cookies but just never got to it.This mommy is worn out and seeing glue sticks in my sleep.It will be nice to get back to some routine!

Cheesy Chicken noodle Cass~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 pkg egg noodles cooked and drained
1 Cup frozen mixed veggies~cooked
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of milk
1 large can chicken
2 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste
2 Cups cheddar/Colby blend cheese
1/2 Cup seasoned bread crumbs

in a large bowl combine all ingredients (except noodles and bread crumbs) add noodles then transfer to a buttered or sprayed 9x13 casserole dish.
top with bread crumbs and parsley.
Bake for 30 min at 375 then 5-6 minutes under broiler.(you could top with more cheese if you'd like before the broiling step)







1 comment:

Rue said...

Hi Amy :)

I read through your blog and I don't know what it feels like to go through losing your home, but I do understand your heartbreak. I'm so sorry. I hope one day it will be yours again.

Your family is beautiful :)

rue