PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Friday, September 12, 2008

Burrito Casserole aka Mexican Lasagna



I hadn't made this in a long time and it's a super simple quick-fix meal.I think it's called Burrito Casserole but the kids always called it mexican lasagna.It does look like that with the all the yummy layers.

1-2 lbs ground beef (or turkey but that will give it a different flavor)
1 pkg 8" flour tortillas
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 jar salsa
1 can refried beans(I use fat free)
1 small onion chopped
2 Cups colby/jack cheese blend
1/2 tsp fresh or dried cilantro
toppings~shredded lettuce,tomatoes,jalepenos,black olives,sour cream,whatever you like.

brown beef and onion then drain,add taco seasoning with a splash of water and let simmer for a few min.Mix salsa and beans together in bowl.
Begin layering tortillas (2 at a time) in 9x12 casserole dish.
add some of beef mix then bean mix,then some cheese.Continue layering just like you would lasagna.Top with cilantro then bake at 350 for 20-25 min then under broiler for about 5 min or until a bit brown and bubbly.
YUM!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy I just stopped by! This looks fabulous and my family is going to flip for it! Thank you so so much for sharing! I am putting this on this weeks menu right now :)

Big Hugs,
Amy