PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Monday, May 5, 2008

Some roses never fade


I've been so bad about unpacking boxes since we've moved.I guess it just seems so final to me to actually take some of the things out and try to find a new place for them.
This past weekend I started with a box of my Old Country Roses china.This is one I've really been putting off but I knew it was asking for trouble to leave them in a box on the floor much longer.
I took the pieces out one by one and the 1st thing that I recalled was the evening before we moved a few months ago.My oldest daughter was wrapping the plates and for the 1st time she was asking questions about the china.I told her that her dad had gotten me 4 place settings for Christmas the year she was born and that's how my collection began.Over the years I've added many pieces and every single one has a story or memory attached to it.
My sister-in-law (she's not my sil anymore but I still consider her my sister) collected it too and there were many trips to the outlet store scouring for that special piece. When she and my brother in law divorced she gave me her collection so every time I take it out and use it I think of her.
This china is taken out only once or twice a year for Christmas or Thanksgiving or maybe a special party. There are so many wonderful memories that came back to me as I was carefully putting each piece in the china cabinet. I know that will see many more special occasions and hopefully will be enjoyed by my daughters when the time comes.I intend to split it all up between the 3 of them as they get older.
I hope they love it as much as I do.



No comments: