PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Wednesday, May 7, 2008

kicked up turkey chili


I thought I'd share one of my favorite chili recipes.I made it for lunch today and it's fairly low carb and low in fat so not too much guilt.lol

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 large vidalia onion~chopped
1 TBSP minced garlic
salt and pepper
1 large can petite diced tomatoes
small jar of Ragu original (weird I know but it really is sooo good)
same jar of Ragu filled with water
TBSP of each~chili powder (I actually use 2)
cumin
paprika
cayenne pepper
chili flakes
dash of brown sugar(my little secret)
sometimes I add a can of beans but usually not

brown turkey well in a dutch oven then add onion and garlic.Cook over med heat for a few minutes longer.
In seperate bowl mix all other ingredients then add to turkey.
The longer you simmer the better!
It's a bit on the spicy side but really tasty.
Serve with cheese,sour cream,jalepenos(for the REALLY brave),red onion,or whatever you like in your chili.
YUM!

No comments: