PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Thursday, May 28, 2009

Meaty Rigatoni and The BEST garlic bread!


Well if there is one thing I know my kids will almost always eat is pasta.I don't mind it but I must have a good garlic bread to go with it.This is the BEST recipe if you want to make your own at home.I buy the one in the foil pouch quite often but this is nice when you have the time to make it.I made some meaty rigatoni to go along with it here.I NEVER have leftovers with this!
Of course it's from the one and only Paula!!!YUM!


Paula Deens Zesty Garlic Bread~

1 head garlic, unpeeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup (2-sticks) butter, softened (I actually used light country style spread)
3 tablespoons minced parsley leaves (dried is just as good)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1loaf sourdough bread, split horizontally
Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Cut top off garlic head. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with olive oil. Fold edges together to seal. Bake 30 minutes; cool.

Squeeze cooked garlic into a medium bowl. Garlic will be soft and sticky. Add butter, parsley salt and pepper, stirring to combine.

Spread cut halves of bread evenly with garlic butter mixture. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, with oven door partially opened, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until butter melts and bread is toasted. Cut into slices to serve.







No comments: