PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm not wearing green


I know I'm supposed to be wearing it today but I have very little clothing (if any)that is green so go ahead and pinch me.lol
My oldest daughter must think she's Irish because she was wearing head to toe green with hat,necklace,buttons,and everything but the green kitchen sink to school today.She definitely gets into the spirit.

I found this on a site earlier today and it really touched me so that's what I wanted to write about today.I think about my kids and my husband,my family and friends all the time and I hope they all know how much I treasure them all.Since the car accident last summer(among other events) this is something that I think about ALOT.
You truly never know when you walk out the door if you'll be coming back.
Did I tell them I loved them? Did I wave good-bye or did I just scoot them out of the way and run out? Did I yell at my teen-ager this morning not to be late when I should've hugged him?
I don't mean to be all gloom and doom but I want to know in my heart that I make them feel loved and appreciated.I want to ignore the dishes in the sink so my 7 year old son can show me his new library book he got at school or stop doing laundry to look at the drawing my 3 year old did. This is something that I struggle with but I'd like to think I'm getting better.
I guess maybe it takes a little more life experience or just the near miss of a tragedy to put things in focus.
Anyway,just some things to keep in mind as we go through our hectic lives.


IF I KNEW~

If I knew it would be the last time

That I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly

and pray the Lord, your soul to keep



If I knew it would be the last time

that I see you walk out the door,

I would give you a hug and kiss

and call you back for one more



If I knew it would be the last time

I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,

I would video tape each action and word,

so I could play them back day after day.



If I knew it would be the last time,

I could spare an extra minute

to stop and say "I love you

"instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.



If I knew it would be the last time

I would be there to share your day,

Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,

so I can let just this one slip away.



For surely there's always tomorrow

to make up for an oversight,

and we always get a second chance

to make everything just right.



There will always be another day

to say "I love you,"

And certainly there's another chance

to say"Anything I can do?"



But just in case I might be wrong,

and today is all I get,

I'd like to say how much I love you

and I hope we never forget.



Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,

young or old alike,

And today may be the last chance

you get to hold your loved one tight



So if you're waiting for tomorrow,

why not do it today?

For if tomorrow never comes,

you'll surely regret the day,



That you didn't take that extra time

for a smile, a hug, or a kiss

and you were too busy to grant someone,

what turned out to be their one last wish.



So hold your loved ones close today,

and whisper in their ear,

Tell them how much you love them

and that you'll always hold them dear



Take time to say "I'm sorry,"

"Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."

And if tomorrow never comes,

you'll have no regrets about today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now on a much lighter note....the new season of "Dancing with the stars" starts tonight!
Wooo-hoooo! I love that show ;o)
Also,does anyone watch the new show on Sunday nights with all the newlywed couples that are competing for a big cash prize?? Oh my gosh that show is a riot! Some of the couples have only been together a short time and others longer,one couple has been together for like 14 years and they so remind me of hubby and I but that's a whole post in itself.lol

No comments: