PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Saturday, November 8, 2008

The San Fansisco Treat~HOMEMADE!


I saw this recipe on The Rachel Ray show one day last week it was quite intriguing!
She made HOMEMADE Rice-A-Roni!
I grew up eating the little box version at least once a week so I had to try this one.
Seriously now,the thought that you could do it at home never even occurred to me but it turned out pretty well.The flavor is subtle and not nearly as salty but still good.

I didn't measure anything really but here is how she made it.
1 Cup broken pasta noodles(I used whole wheat spaghetti and some regular linguine)
olive oil
chicken broth(or stock)
salt
pepper
butter
1/2 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp or so of sage and thyme
brown the broken pasta in some olive oil for about 6-7 min
add the chicken stock,butter, and seasonings then simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.


It even smells like the box version,YUM!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Amy, I hope you had a Blessed Thanksgiving, Nancy

Mimi said...

Sounds like a yummy idea. I copied the recipe to try later.