PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Sunday, April 6, 2008

Homesick~


Well,it's a beautiful day here and I'm missing my old house....alot.
I miss the smells and seeing the trees start to bloom.I miss the dafodils poking their little yellow heads up from my front yard.I miss seeing the kids running all over the big yard. his time of year I would always plant outside,re-mulch and the kids would all help.
I'm sad today and I know I should be getting over it but I'm not.
I never wrote about it but 6 weeks ago we had to move from our house that we built 11years ago and that was the only place in this world that truly felt like "home" to me.I drove away that last Saturday morning and have not been able to bring myself to even drive down the street since.

We are now living in a nice but much smaller home with no yard at all to speak of.
I am thankful to have a place my children can be safe and comfortable but I ache for my "home".

I loved it and so many memories were created there over the years.I feel like a part of me has been taken away. I knew it would be hard but I never imagined this. I guess maybe I have to go through a "grieving" phase if you will? I know that I have not lost a child or family member but I do feel such a sense of loss.
I'm sure my family and friends are bored to tears hearing me talk about it but I wish I were still there.I really,really do.



No comments: