PINK PAINTED LADY~


"I can do all things through Christ,who strengthens me"



Philippians 4:13



Sunday, May 31, 2009

A perfect early summer lunch~

Chicken salad and sweet tea!


 



I love chicken salad sandwiches!I grew up eating them and still use my mom's recipe.
It's simple but so good.What better to team it with than a giant glass of sweet tea! Wow,just screams summer right?!
I didn't make the tea,it's called "Peak" sweet tea and you can buy it by the (big or little ) bottle at your grocery.I found it in the aisle with the OJ and all that.It's really tasty too.

Old time Chicken salad~
1 can white chunk chicken breast
2-3 big TBSP Miracle Whip(or mayo)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp sweet relish
1-2 tsp chopped onion and celery(I like alot but the kids won't eat any!)
dash of salt,pepper,and celery seed

Mix together well and serve on toasted bread or buns.(I know my bun looks a bit mangled and slighty burnt but it's better that way!)
You can get fancy and add some chopped walnuts but I like it just like this.

I just can't believe that tomorrow is the 1st day of June!Wow,spring is nearly over and the long hot days of summer will be here soon. Is it just me or does time go by much quicker now than it did when I was younger???!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: